1. Terms and Conditions of Use
The Brulingua Platform is an online language (Dutch, English, German and French) learning service (the “Brulingua Platform”), executed by the company ALTISSIA INTERNATIONAL SA (“ALTISSIA”), in the name of and on behalf of the Regional Employment Office of the Brussels-Capital Region, (“ACTIRIS” – avenue de l’Astronomie 14 à 1210, Bruxelles, BCE: 0239.843.188), which is intended for learners enrolled as job-seekers with ACTIRIS, people residing in the territory of the Brussels-Capital Region aged 18 years and over, minors under the system of work-linked training, and emancipated minors (“Learner”).
Any Learner who accesses the services and courses offered on the Brulingua Platform by ALTISSIA, in the name of and on behalf of ACTIRIS, agrees therefore to fully comply with the present conditions of use of the Brulingua Platform (the End User Licence Agreement, “EULA”), which will be presented in advance to the Learner for acceptance, before accessing the services of the Brulingua Platform.
ACTIRIS and ALTISSIA are likely to carry out regular updates of the EULA, which will automatically govern the Learner’s access to the Brulingua Platform as soon as it is put online. The Learners are therefore asked to regularly review this.
2. Access To and Enrolment In the Services
2.1. Brulingua Platform User Licence
ACTIRIS authorises the Learner to access and use the Brulingua Platform according to the terms and conditions established by the present EULA (the “Licence”). The Licence is free, non-exclusive, non-transferable and is conditional on the Learner’s strict adherence to the EULA.
The Licence is granted to the Learner for the duration determined in article 2.2.
2.2. Terms and Conditions of Access
The use of the Brulingua Platform is strictly reserved:
- For Learners enrolled as jobseekers with ACTIRIS; the Licence remains valid for as long as they are enrolled with ACTIRIS and for a duration of 6 additional months following the date of their de-registration with ACTIRIS.
- For all inhabitants over 18 years of age residing in the territory of the Brussels-Capital Region who work or are of working age, as well as for minors who attend school under the work-linked training scheme and emancipated minors who work; the Licence remains valid for the entire duration of the BRULINGUA project.
By registering on the Brulingua Platform, the Learner certifies that s/he meets the above-mentioned conditions.
The Brulingua Platform is accessible via the Brulingua website (www.brulingua.be), the “Website”, or the Brulingua mobile application (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1522464578 and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altissia.brulingua), the “Application”, after having created a Personal Account according to the terms and conditions detailed in article 2.5. of the present EULA.
Use of the Brulingua Platform is exclusively remote, either from a public connection, or from a computer or any other personal private device (tablet, telephone, etc..) (the “Device”).
Using his/her personal login and password, the Learner will be able to access the services 24/7, however ALTISSIA may have to interrupt the use of the Brulingua Platform or certain services provided there for maintenance reasons.
2.4. Equipment Required
The Learner’s Device must meet the following minimum technical conditions:
- Multi-media: computers, tablets and smart-phones
- Web Browsers: any web browser possessing at least 2% of the European market share (http://gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/all/europe). This corresponds at present in 2020 to:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Samsung Internet
- Plug-ins: No plug-in is required
- Operating system:
- Computers: Windows 10 and above, Linux and MAC OS X®;
- Tablets and smart-phones: Android, iOS and Windows (current versions)
- Bandwidth: > 0.5 Mbps (i.e., a 3G low bandwidth connection). A bandwidth of 2Mbps is, however, recommended to guarantee optimum accessibility to the platform.
- Minimum screen resolution: 320×568 px
The applications MS Ofﬁce (all versions), Open Ofﬁce and PDF programs are supported for consultation of the documents downloadable from the platform (certificates, user guides, etc.). The use of the content does not require any conferring of administration rights, such as “power user” or “administrator” of the device. No files of any type whatsoever (MP3, video, etc.) need to be downloaded from an external site. All media is hosted completely securely on our central server. All results are saved directly on our servers. No removable device or media is necessary for optimum use of the platform.
The Brulingua Platform and the language assessment are compatible with the majority of the standard browsers used on tablets and smart-phones functioning under the Android® (Google) and iOS® (Apple) operating systems, and ensure optimum compatibility with the latest versions of these operating systems. All the tools are purpose-designed in Responsive Web Design.
The tools are also available in iOS and Android native mobile applications. The apps are compatible with the latest versions of the iOS and Android operating systems, representing a total market share of over 75% in Europe.
ACTIRIS and/or ALTISSIA may in no case be held liable in the event of difficulty with access to and/or use of the Brulingua Platform if the Learner’s Device of does not meet this minimum configuration.
2.5. Personal Account
Any Learner who wishes to access the services of the Brulingua Platform is asked to identify him/herself by creating a personal access account (the “Personal Account”). During the registration of his/her Personal Account, the Learner must provide the following personal information: last name, first name, personal email address, date of birth, gender, postcode of his/her primary residence, status (working/not working), as well as a secret password.
3. Confidentiality – Protection of Privacy
ALTISSIA only processes personal data in the name of and on behalf of ACTIRIS and under its instructions. ACTIRIS remains solely responsible for the Processing of Learners’ personal data. For any information relating to the processing of their personal data, Brulingua Platform Learners are therefore asked to consult the Confidentiality Policy of ACTIRIS, accessible at the address https://www.actiris.brussels/fr/citoyens/politique-de-confidentialite/ and/or to make direct contact with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of ACTIRIS:
- By email:
DPO@actiris.be (with GDPR as the subject)
- By post:
Actiris, for the attention of the DPO,
Avenue de l’Astronomie, 14
4. Content of the Services
The services provided by ALTISSIA, in the name of and on behalf of ACTIRIS, on the Brulingua Platform, are detailed in the public pages of the website www.brulingua.be.
- Access to language learning services (French, Dutch, German, English) organised on the basis of a self-training method
- Access to a personal area enabling the Learner to view the results obtained in every exercise and the overall skills acquired, as well as his/her level of progress
- Access to the virtual remote classes (Live Classes)
- Access to personalised monitoring in the form of targeted messages according to Learner progress and directly managed by a native coach (Web Coaching)
- Access to sessions scheduled by your coach and 30 minutes of conversation by telephone or video-conference in your learning language (Phone Coaching – Not available in German); access to Phone Coaching is limited to Learners who practise regularly on the Brulingua language course platform
- Technical-educational assistance comprising an induction in the platform, an online help facility, a user guide and help desk reachable by email or by telephone
5. Limitation of Liability
ALTISSIA guarantees that the Learner will be able to access the Brulingua Platform permanently, subject to the following cases: period of scheduled maintenance with information for the Learners; period necessary for the return to service of the Platform or for the correction of a malfunction. In such a case, ALTISSIA will put everything in place to ensure the return to service of the Brulingua Platform as soon as possible. However, considering the free nature of the Licence, the Learner accepts this temporary impossibility of accessing the services of the Brulingua Platform and waives any recourse and any compensation in this respect.
ALTISSIA makes every effort to ensure the security of the Website, of the Application and of the Brulingua Platform by being compelled to respect the technical requirements and the maximum security standards. However, considering the free nature of the Licence, neither ALTISSIA, nor ACTIRIS will be held liable in the event of temporary non-availability of the information which appears there, and/or in the event of presence of a virus on the Website or the Application. Neither ALTISSIA, nor ACTIRIS will assume any liability for any damage affecting a Device, as well as any direct or indirect damage, such as loss of operation or loss of data, incurred by the Learner due to the use of the Website, of the Application and of the Brulingua Platform.
The present terms and conditions of use are governed, interpreted and applied according to Belgian Law. In case of contestation or dispute of the present contract, only Belgian Law will be applicable, and the jurisdictions of Brussels will be exclusively competent.
7. Intellectual Property
All the elements comprising the Website, the Application and the Brulingua Platform are the exclusive property of ACTIRIS and/or of ALTISSIA. All figurative marks, logos, illustrations, images, videos, drawings and models appearing on the Website, the Application and the Brulingua Platform, whether filed or not, are and will remain the exclusive property of ACTIRIS and/or of ALTISSIA and/or of their partners. Any total or partial reproduction, downloading, modification or use of the elements of the Site, of the Application, of the Brulingua Platform or of its databases by any process whatsoever is prohibited, unless expressly authorised by ACTIRIS and ALTISSIA in the context of a written contract.
The references mentioned on the Website, the Application and the Brulingua Platform to other sites or to third party products or services do not imply any recommendation of these products, services or third parties. Neither ALTISSIA, nor ACTIRIS are in any way liable for the content of the sites referenced and of the links mentioned on these sites. The Learner and the visitor will use these links under their own responsibility and will ensure they respect the terms and conditions of these sites.